Mary's page needs work. Here is some pertinent information
- Mary needed chemo again this summer. It went every
three weeks from the end of April until August 13th. It was a tough
go, though you would never know it if you saw her. Yes her hair got a
little thin and she slowed down a little bit, but she got a good report in
July and now she is back to her old self. Except...
- She's retired from Thornwood High School after 34 years.
- Her friend Penny moved to the area and they are getting
around to doing the kinds of things that retired friends do: going to
the library, having lunch, going downtown, etc.
Ellen, Debbie and Mary this past summer.
- Mary has taught High School English for 33 years.
- This is her year of retirement.
- Due to treatment for Non Hodgkin's Small Cell Lymphoma,
she is on sick leave until the end of the school year. Mary has
responded very well to the treatment she received in September.
The drug is called Zevelin. Here's some info about it
- During the fall, Jerry Torrence subbed for her and Mary
partnered with him to finish out the semester because he was hired to
complete the term. This semester, the youngster who just finished her
student teaching is on her own because she is starting the class from
- So now Mary is working though the concept that her
teaching career is over, but she can't exactly celebrate because she is on
sick leave. Needless to say, she is relieved that she can take this
time to continue her recovery.
- The party will begin on June 1st 2007 and will continue
for many years to come.
- I hope to join her in retirement in 2010.