This is the Nora page. The pictures I had here were from
her sophomore year in High School. A lot has happened since then.
- This is Nora's sophomore year at Augustana.
- Nora pledged
Delta Chi Theta
Sorority in the spring. She was a pledge captain and got to be very
close with many of her new sisters.
- The roommate thing with Maria did not work out. She
rooms with Elsa now in the House on the Hill. It's an old mansion with
only 22 girls living in it. There are six or seven girls on the third
floor with Nora and Elsa.
- After working badminton camp and teaching swimming last
summer, Nora rethought the idea of going into secondary education and has
declared Secondary Ed as her major.
- School is a lot tougher this year especially because she
is taking "real" classes. It's not that she wasn't taking real classes
last year, it's just that these classes like Literary Criticism and
Persuasion in Advertising sound like real classes.
- Nora has a part-time job at a tanning joint...actually
three tanning joints: one in Moline and two in Iowa. Iowa pays a
dollar less an hour than Illinois. She says that it keeps her
organized while making a little money on her own.
Find the monkey in the tree.
Addision, Nora, Hubbell and Austin summer 2007
Hubbell, Austin, Addison, Nora and Emily Jane summer 2007
- Nora qualified for State in speech two years in a row.
She took seventh as a senior. She won her sectional two years in a row
to qualify. Each year she wrote her own speech which dealt with a
personal issue from a particularly personal point of view. She also
competed in Original comedy in her senior year. It was a take off on
her relationship with her grandmother, Bette. She missed going to
State with it by one point.
- Prom was a big deal. It practically consumed our
whole spring. If prom hadn't been in April, it would have. She
looked lovely and had a great time.
- Nora played badminton and was the sectional entry with
Kelly in doubles. The did not make it to state, but they supported
their sole teammate who did qualify, much to the chagrin of the Athletic
Director. Girls' sports do count.
- Nora was accepted to and received a scholarship to
Augustana College in Rock Island.
She was also accepted to DePaul and to Bradley, but she chose to become an
- This past summer, Nora got her first job. She
taught swimming at the Orland Pool. She received the "Instructor of
the Session" award. Nora is a great teacher and is terrific with kids.
- We took Nora to Augustana on Sept. 2nd. It was an
exciting day for all of us. Nora rooms with Maria, a friend from
Sandburg. She did not come home until a couple of weeks before
Thanksgiving. We visited her for parents' weekend and had a great
- Her grades were two A's and a B for the first term.